Monday, May 23, 2011

You are special to me

YOU ARE SPECIAL TO ME, LORD!

I can not say enough - finding words is quite tough! -
to describe how much You mean to me;
for Your friendship is choice,
and I always rejoice
when I think of how that came to be!


As a sinner I came to be cleansed in Your Name
from the sins that have tainted my life.
To my sorrow and shame
I must carry the blame
for a life that has brought me much strife.


But my life is now sweet for I sit at Your feet
every day and rejoice in Your love.
With my sins washed away
I am sure that, one day,
I will join You in heaven above.



Lord, help me to discern all temptation, and spurn
every sinful attraction I see;
I do trust You, and pray
for Your guidance each day,
grateful that You are special to me!


Edward John Kidgell
May 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment