Monday, May 30, 2011

Devotion Thoughts - 04/05/2011

Judges 19:1-30
We can be wrong about any group of people, even those of our own people (19:12,22); the man and his concubine might have been far better off treated by 'strangers'. Never assume we know all there is to know about anyone; rather ask for God's guidance before making a decision.

Judges 20:1-48
Actions have repercussions. God commanded that there be no immoral sin in the land. Unfortunately, the Benjamites chose to defend the sin against the rest of the tribes.
It also happens in the Christian church that sins forbidden by God, such as homosexuality, are defended by some church leaders. Such sins and sinners have no place in God's kingdom, in spite of the veneer of religion and respectability church leadership might lend to it. Having said that, homosexuality is a sin like any other, and those who pick on it incessantly would do well to remember Jesus injunction:

"Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

and:

"Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;".

John 3:22-36. John 4:1-3
When I became a Christian it was so wonderfully life-changing that all I wanted to do was talk about Jesus. But as time went by my fervour cooled, and I spoke less and less about Jesus, until eventually I stopped witnessing altogether; I had become a backslider. It was not only some six years later, after I rededicated myself to God, that I began to decrease again, allowing Jesus to increase. This time I was determined that I would be like John: 'He must increase; I must decrease' (3:30), a process that has not stopped, for which I thank God.

Psalm 104:24-35
I surely am looking forward to seeing the glory of the Lord! If I can be full of rejoicing at the albeit invisible presence of the Lord with me as I live my life on earth, then it must be far more wonderful to be in His visible presence! That is going to be something!

Proverbs 14:22-24
God will bless those who do good and punish those who do evil. This is a given, a constant that we can rely on. With God's help, let us aim to do good.


Powered by Zoundry Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment