Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Personal note

Woke up feeling out of sorts. For the first time in months I am feeling dizzy. I must accept that I am no longer 21 - that was 50 years ago! But I am thankful that I can still move around, have no real ailments to be concerned about or that cause major problems. 'These things are sent to try us' is true; we face daily tests to see if we will praise God no matter what. And I certainly do praise God for daily provision of all my needs (for Merle and self). I do not have the broad perspective that God operates in: seeing Past, Present and Future simultaneously and integrating all that must happen between man and man, and between nation and nation. But I do know one thing: God teaches us in His Word that all 'these calamities' will one day pass, and I will then, as a born-again believer, 'dwell in the house of the Lord forever'. Therefore, whatever happens to me today must be seen against the backdrop of eternity. That way, I certainly can live out the words of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 to 'Rejoice evermore; pray without ceasing; in all things give thanks', knowing that this is what God wants me to do in spite of the trials and temptations that might come my way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment